Sensel App problems with Windows 7

In Windows 7 “Send Map To Morph” and “Send Settings to Morph” causes Morph to lost connection. After that I need to replug USB to make APP to connect Morph again. This used to work with previous version of “Sensel App” but update caused this problem.

Any solution to this? Have tried administrator mode for opening program.

Windows 10 do work fine with Sensel App.

I am also having the same issue on Windows 7, programming or upgrading firmware on the morph seems to be impossible on my main production machine and I have to use a laptop running Windows 8.1 to get anywhere with it.
Any news on a fix?

I managed to get it to update firmware after about four tries. Generally, Windows 7 will only recognize the Morph about one time in ten, or usually after a reboot. The rest of the time Windows puts up a “USB Device not recognized” message.

Sending global settings or maps causes a disconnect, requiring a reboot or extreme persistence to get the Morph to reconnect. Sometimes swapping to a different USB port seems to help, but usually not.

Pretty frustrating. I missed the free update to windows 10. Not gonna pay the price of an upgrade just to use this thing.

I found a workaround that works most of the time.

1. Unplug from the computer. The Morph will power off.
  2. Turn the Morph on, and make sure that it has a working Bluetooth MIDI connection to an iOS device. This needs to be a full working connection.
  3. Plug the Morph into the PC. It will connect 99% of the time successfully.
  4. Repeat each time you send a map and the connection drops.

It’s not enough to simply have the Morph turned on with the Bluetooth light blue. It actually has to be connected and recognized as a midi device in iOS before plugging into the PC.

Hopefully this gives the developers a clue about why the connection is unsuccessful from any other state.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll give it a go this weekend and see if it works for me as well.