Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga

The new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga apparently has Sensel technology in it - https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/lenovo-thinkpad-x1-titanium-yoga

Question: will the existing Sensel API work with this touchpad (for features shared with the Morph, like multitouch and pressure) ?

…Tim…

Hey Tim! That’s a great question. Unfortunately, the existing Sensel API on Github will not work with the touchpad.

Thanks for the response. Will any API exist on the Thinkpad that will allow access to the raw (similar to the existing API) pressure and contact data? Is this now completely up to and in the hands of Lenovo?

…Tim…

Hey Tim, unfortunately I don’t know the answer. It’s definitely something we’d have to discuss with their team. I’ll see if we can get those conversations going.

Cool, thanks for forwarding the question. I have (and like) a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, and would seriously consider an X1 Titanium Yoga for my next lightweight laptop if the pad was usable to get raw (as on the Morph, unfiltered, non-MIDI) pressure and contact data. Assuming it’s as responsive as the Morph, it would be a tragedy to suddenly lock up Sensel’s amazing technology behind a filtered or restricted API.

…Tim…

Saw the link and was a little disappointed that it’s just the touchpad, and not the screen as well.