Masking area functionality would be useful

If you create an area with functionality set to ‘off’ and put it on top of other areas, you want it to suppress interaction over the intersection point with the other areas. Currently it just passes through touch data to the other layers, which is not useful. Being able to mask would be useful in some situations, e.g, the piano keyboard, where if you want to do a glissando on the black notes you don’t want the intervening white notes up the top to trigger.
PS: emulating a real piano keyboard actually isn’t very useful. The keys should look like on a KMI Qunexus, where the black keys sit above the white keys and don’t overlap. The design of a real piano keyboard reflects the mechanical compromises building the keyboard, players don’t press down those little slivers of white notes between the black notes. But on a device that doesn’t have real moving keys, then as you move around on the black notes its far to easy to accidentally trigger one of the intervening white notes. Being able to add a top masking layer on that design would be helpful because you would put the black notes on the top layer, then have the masking layer, then the white notes on the bottom layer.

Hello thank you for reporting this feature idea. We have added it to our list of internal potential features.

On the other hand with the current piano keyboard I can slide over the whole 12 semitones as on guitar, which is also interesting (I also have a k-board, I have to say I like both possibilities).