A lot of people are interested in using the Morph with hardware, without a computer. Here are some products we’ve tested that work for this!
Pro tip: make sure your firmware on all of these is current before you connect a Morph to them.
USB MIDI ➔ Serial MIDI (5-pin DIN plug)
- Kenton MIDI USB Host MkII
- Retrokits RK-005 Standalone USB MIDI Host/ USB Client
- Retrokits RK-006 Portable USB MIDI/Gate Hub (example videos 1 and 2)
- ExcelValley MIDI USB DIN Converter
- iConnectivity iConnectAUDIO4+, iConnect MIDI 4+, mioXM and mioXL (example videos)
- Conductive Labs MRCC – MIDI Router Control Center
USB MIDI ➔ CV (Control Voltage)
- Expert Sleepers FH-2 ‘factotum’ (example videos)
- Snyderphonics MantaMate
- Endorphin.es Shuttle and Shuttle Control and Shuttle Mate (example videos)
- Squarp Instruments Hermod modular brain(example videos 1 and 2)
- Polyend Poly 2 MIDI to CV Converter
USB MIDI host - other
- 1010Music Blackbox – Compact Sampling Studio
Awesome Hardware Synths
- Buchla Easel Command (example videos)
- Ashun Sound Machines Hydrasynth (example videos). Supports MPE. *Requires separate USB MIDI to Serial MIDI host (see above)
- Korg Minilogue (example video) *Requires separate USB MIDI to Serial MIDI host (see above)
- Tasty Chips GR-1 Granular Synthesizer)
- Dreadbox Typhon Analog Synthesizer *Requires separate USB MIDI to Serial MIDI host (see above)
Please let us know of other products that need to be added or need to be fixed. We have worked directly with many of these companies to ensure compatibility.
Also, here’s a cool playlist of hardware and Morph.