Morph to MIDI Hardware: Compatibility

A lot of people are interested in using the Morph with hardware, without a computer. Here are some products we’ve tested that work for this!

Pro tip: make sure your firmware on all of these is current before you connect a Morph to them.

USB MIDI ➔ Serial MIDI (5-pin DIN plug)

USB MIDI ➔ CV (Control Voltage)

USB MIDI host - other

Awesome Hardware Synths

Please let us know of other products that need to be added or need to be fixed. We have worked directly with many of these companies to ensure compatibility.

Also, here’s a cool playlist of hardware and Morph.

2 Likes

Hi Peter, what do the iConnectivity folks say about their other interfaces? It’s great that the iConnectMIDI4+ works, but many of us use the iConnectAUDIO4+ and I’m wondering if it’s cleared to work as well. (If you guys need to test it and don’t have one, I can loan you one!)

Thanks!

It should work fine. I didn’t add it because, when looking at their products I saw it as an interface and assumed it would be part of a computer-based setup. However, now that I look more closely, it does have USB Host capabilities. When I spoke to their CEO, he assured me that all the devices that have USB Host share code and circuitry, so if it works on one device it will work on another.

1 Like

Phenomenal news, Peter! Thanks very much, I will test it when I get a chance. The iConnectivity interfaces are a lot of work to set up, but they allow for so much flexibility, it will be great to add a Morph to the rig.

To update the Squarp Hermod firmware, go to their firmware page.

I’ve got an IconnectAudio 4+, it works fine with the Morph through a connected hub (as long as the hub isn’t crap)

2 Likes

Just tested the Poly 2 from Polyend and it works great. You will need to update to version 1.06 of the firmware to get pitchbend to behave. If you have old firmware, and you are sending bend data from the Morph, your oscillators will have a really high pitch that is pretty nasty! With the firmware update, all is good.

Tried the 1010 Blackbox sampler at LA Synth Expo last weekend. Plugged in the Morph to the “Device” USB port and I was instantly playing samples! It’s an incredible and portable combination.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the Morph with the Teenage Engineering OP-Z? The OP-Z is a USB Midi Host AFAIK, so I’m guessing should be fine, but since you never known with hardware I’d love to have direct confirmation from someone who actually try it :slight_smile:

Pairing the OP-Z and Morph with USB-to-USB-C cable does not work. After connecting Morph to OP-Z and playing some notes, the Morph always turns off.

Connecting both devices via Bluetooth to the iOS midi app “midimittr” works fine. Just define the Morph as source and the OP-Z as destination.

Let me know if it works to put the Morph into “slow charge state” in the SenselApp Morph settings, then connect to the OP-Z.
http://guide.sensel.com/app/#morph-xxxx-morph-settings

Setting the Morph into slow charge mode works! Thank you very much for your advice!

According to OP-Z manual:
OP-Z can provide a maximum of 100mA which is not enough for some midi devices. (For these cases you can use a powered hub)

By the way … using the Morph with all its xyz dimension works very well with the OP-Z.

Kind regards
Sven

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone has tested the Morph with the Endorphin Shuttle Mate? Shuttle Control works good, but for me I’m not getting any midi to register via the ‘Shuttle Mate’ inbound USB input when using the Morph.

Every other controller I have is fine.

Any clues?

EDIT - ok I had the morph sending mpe when it should be note. Thanks sorry and excuse the noob.

Anyone has tried the morph with the kilpatrick carbon?

MPE is just notes (and other standard MIDI messages), too! But maybe the Mate only listens to channel 1? Or can you set it to omni?

Yeah I can’t work it out. I thought I had cracked it but unfortunately not.

Any other USB midi device works fine plugged into the Shuttle Mate.

Doesn’t seem to even matter what midi channel the Morph is set to, nothing registers.

I’m desperate to know if anyone else has had success.

Thanks.

have you contacted endorphines about this?

Yes, they are looking into it at their end.

Hi. Would anyone happen to know if Morph would work on Westlicht Performer, or a Synthrotek Midi-CV?

There’s a good chance it would work on the Westlicht performer, as it is a USB Host connection. The only way to find out is to test it, I guess.
It won’t work with the Synthrotek MST because it doesn’t provide USB Host capabilities. It is only a USB client.