4 Octave Full-size Keys

I love my Piano Morph keyboard, but still long for something more. What could be better than a 4 octave Morph with full-size keys? If 4 octaves is too large then 3 octaves is still better than 2 for two hand playing and wider range of pitch.

The 4 octave keyboard should be a solidly constructed and it would be nice to carry the keyboard around without the overlay falling out.

I like the design of the Roli Seaboard keyboards, but I’m not a fan of the wave-like key shapes. I find it is easier to slide from note to note on the nearly flat Morph surface

1 Like

Thumbs up on 3-4 octave keyboard! I also find 2 octaves very frustrating.

I saw a video back at NAMM 2018 where the Sensel booth showed 3 Morph pads lined up with 3 keyboard pads making up a 75 key setup. Problem is the morph base/pad cost for the two bases.
Perhaps Sensel could make a spearate optional board 2x current length.

Are there any plans for a 2020 release of a 49 to 88 key Morph?
Yes, I would also like wider keys.
While there why not also have a Continuum type surface?

I ask as I am looking to buy a midi keyboard controller soon.

1 Like

Hey! There are no plans for this at the moment. However, you can use multiple Morphs to create a multiple octave keyboard.

@NothanUmber also showed how to create your own Continuano! Check it out here: How to build your own Continuano

While several Morphs are a viable solution for some use cases (with both pros and cons - with the biggest pro being availability here and now), a wider Morph (e.g. 4x or 6x as wide) would still be really great, particularly for musical applications!

Let me rephrase my earlier question:

Are there any plans for a late 2020 or early 2021 release of a 49 to 88 key Morph?
Yes, I would also like wider keys.
While there why not also have a Continuum type surface?

Ok, you can attach multiple Morphs and it will work but there is still a spacer every 25 keys.

I ask as I am looking to buy a midi keyboard controller soon and
would love to add a larger Morph to my 25 key Morph.

Please reply with a YES and divulge the details.

No, there are no plans to release a larger version of the Morph

Thanks for the prompt reply. :roll_eyes: