New Overlays for Sale

I am late to the party. I found out about the Morph’s end of manufacturing life a while back but failed to get any of the remaining Innovator’s Overlays in time. As well, given that I adore the Morph, would also like to get the Piano Overlay.

I was wondering if Sensel would consider printing up a few new batches. I have little doubt they would be snapped up in a hurry.

Perhaps send out a call for pre-orders.

Thanks

I have plenty of Innovator’s Overlays which I have no need for, since I much prefer the bare Morph surface. Do you need the cable that came with it? What kind of thing do you plan on doing with the Innovator’s Overlay?

…Tim…

Hello Tim, thanks for asking

Yes I would be interested in an Innovator’s Overlay or more.

Do you need the cable that came with it?

I have numerous USB cables to connect to the Morph.

What kind of thing do you plan on doing with the Innovator’s Overlay?

I probably hesitated to get an Innovator’s Overlay because on first glance I thought the prospect of 3-D printing to be too daunting a process.

Now however, given that Sensel is no longer manufacturing the Morph, the Innovator’s Overlay is something that I am interested in getting my hands on. Truth be told I haven’t researched using the Innovator’s Overlay enough to make a qualified statement on what I want to do.I am wondering if a design can be placed under the Innovator’s Overlay to be used in this manner rather than printing objects to place on top of the overlay.

My interest with the Innovator’s Overlay is in creating microtonal pads, in different designs of Lattices, rectangular and triangular/hexagonal. Part Linnstrument, part Lumatone. Kind of a left or right hand accordion.

I was always hoping that Sensel would have designed other Overlays and I regret not getting the Piano. Thankfully I have the Buchla and Production. Yet I find each of them to be limiting in what can be accomplished musically. So again I’d like to try and see if the Innovator’s Overlay can help me create new configurations for a wider musical spectrum. Also I’d rather not damage the base of the Morph.

Which has me curious about how you use the Morph. How do you use the bare surface? Do you use any designs or is it one giant XY pad?

Long story short, yes I am interested in any Innovator’s Overlays that you would be interested in parting with. Please let me know how you’d like to arrange this.

Thanks,

David

:: I have numerous USB cables to connect to the Morph.

The cable that came with the Innovator’s Overlay wasn’t a normal cable, it had the micro USB connector for the Morph, but the other end had 4 bare wires, as well as some sort of circuitry attached, I think the intention was to connect it to an Arduino or other such small processor.

:: Which has me curious about how you use the Morph. How do you use the bare surface? Do you use any designs or is it one giant XY pad?

I use it as a giant XYZ pad, four at a time. See https://spacepalette.com

My email is me@timthompson.com, send me your physical address if you want it and/or the cable.

…Tim…

Wow. I just checked out your YT channel… am going to give your Photon Salon a few listens and then some.

I wasn’t aware that the Innovator’s had another cable. Thanks for clarifying.

Will email you soon. I live in Canada.