No 'Send Map to Morph' using Linux App

There does not appear to be a Send Map to Morph on the Linux app.

I recently purchased the the Sensel Morph with the Creative Producer’s Kit and cannot swap overlays. There does not appear to be a way to Send Map to Morph.

Everything else seems to work fine but if we can’t send the map it makes the app unusable.

I added the file ‘70-sensel.rules’ to the /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/ folder
rebooted and now the Send Settings to Morph button appears

I wanted to say that I am loving the Sensel Morph. I use Linux, am on Debian Buster and your device is the only MPE player that has an editor app for Linux, this was a major factor in my decision to acquire the Morph, but after tinkering with it and reading through the manual, it’s even better than ‘it has a native Linux app’. After reading through a few threads must say that the support here is great. Also the community involvement. That we can create our own overlays (something I will take a stab at in the future) is truly unique. Also that it has Bitwig integration, another application that has a native Linux version. Just a big thank you. No regrets with this purchase.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words. Really glad to hear you were able to solve the issue, and that you’re happy with your Morph. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

I noticed one issue when renaming Maps. If I type ‘a’ it will return ‘aa’. If I type ‘A’ it will return ‘aA’. Copy and past ‘test-map’ and it returns ‘test-maptest-map’

Here is an example:

sensel-text-entry-01

The workaround is to export the duplicated named Map. Rename it in the file system, delete the duplicated named Map and import the name corrected Map. Is this a bug? Do other Linux users experience this issue? Is there a fix?

Please see my comment below. Should I open a new issue?

@oddy.o.trax hmm this looks like a weird linux up/down key issue. Likely linux only. We’re not sure if its on all linux systems.

Wait a second. On this page it says that there is no App for Linux: https://sensel.com/pages/the-sensel-morph
I am using Linux too and every time I need to change the Sensel Morph mode I have to go to a colleague and ask him to reboot into Windows and use his computer, It would be great if there would be a Linux app.

The Linux app is available here

You also have to add this rules file

add the file ‘70-sensel.rules’ to the /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/ folder and reboot

1 Like

I can confirm that the senselapp works on openSUSE Leap 15.1.

I used “alien” to convert the Debian package to an RPM.

% alien -r --script senselapp0.19.32.deb

which produced senselapp-0.19-33.x86_64.rpm

I then installed with

% zypper in senselapp-0.19-33.x86_64.rpm

It’s not signed, so I told the installer to Ignore the signature. No issues with any dependencies.

I didn’t know about the rules file so didn’t have one but I did get a Send Settings to Morph button that works.

Updating the firmware works as well, though after a successful firmware update, the senselapp stays ghosted and there’s still a message that says updating and not to unplug the Morph. The message above these do say that the latest firmware has been updated. Quit and restart the senselapp and all was good.

2 Likes