Sensel app v 0.16.14 not usable on ubuntu since areas are all wrong

Hi,

I only use ubuntu and the sensel app loads and sends maps correctly, but can’t display or edit them correctly as areas are all wrong, randomly sized and randomly positioned. See for example the screenshots at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1izGkQnYTobei0tV6erihRuFUx00HUCUG

and in particular note the C5 completely off, and the upper buttons row missing.

Thank you for reporting this issue and providing the Ubuntu version. We have not seen this error yet so we will look into this to see if it can be addressed in our next release. Thank you for your patience.

Hi, has the linux version been abandoned? I need to know whether I should keep recommending the morph on linux forums, or not. I did that in good faith so far.

Hello, thanks for reaching out. No, the linux version has not been abandoned we are working on this bug and a few others for 0.19 and we will update our 0.19 post when a linux version is available. I will also try to update this post at that time.

Hello, the Linux version has been updated. You can find links and instructions on the 0.19 post Morph Update Version 0.19: iOS USB, 96 Areas, Copy/Paste, Undo/Redo, Keyboard Shortcuts, UI improvements, and Buchla Thunder

Hi, I’m very happy to see the update, but I still cannot use it on ubuntu 18.10, and don’t know why. On different machines, and on freshly created users, the behaviour is the same:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cZzpK5oqXQNBCo0bJ-7OUX3VCD2QjXOh

As you can see the areas are still totally wrong! I’m a skilled coder and available for helping you address the issue but so far, I have to install the app in virtualbox (and it’s not comfortable).

Hello, sorry to hear this update did not fix the issues on your computer. We tried the update on a 18.10 and 18.04 computer and VM and did not experience the issue. My only guesses so far would be a graphics driver issue or the map file is somehow being corrupted (since the rest of the app looks okay). We will try the app on a few more Ubuntu machines to see if we can recreate your issue.

Hi,

it’s nice to hear that it works well on ubuntu 18.10. My problem is replicated in a fresh user, so it cannot be a map problem (I also apt-purged and reinstalled the package). It’s not a graphic card issue either; the application seems to work more or less as it should, except that the areas are randomly positioned and sized. So for instance it can happen that I click on the lower part of the application, where one selects the type of area, midi vs. usb keyboard, etc., and a large yellow square appears, which belongs to the controller areas, and should be way smaller. Seems like a bug in how the position and size of areas is computed. Maybe some information that the app gets from the video card does not always have the expected meaning? I’m using hidpi resolutions (4k both on external and on laptop monitors).

Hi @vincenzoml , I believe I have the same behavior using Linux Mint 19.3 and Sensel App 0.19.32. Could solve your problem with the current Sensel App version?

same problem here with version 0.19.32 on manjaro and mint 19.3. any chance to get this fixed ?