Can you insert something between a split track on Garageband?

Whenever I insert something between a split track on Apple Garageband, I need to drag and drop every bit back in order. Is there an automated way to do it, where I don’t need to waste so much time setting up things in order myself?

You can move the regions to different points on the same track. You can also move the region to another track but that needs to be of the same type. You can move an audio region to another audio track. The region moved will snap to the nearest position on the Tracks area grid.

As now I have been using windows, so I don’t have the privilege to use Garageband here. What can I do to run Garageband on my laptop?

Thanks @Felainum1977 , I will do it.
Garageband is MacOS app, SO you run it on windows pc, There are some third party applications such as Vmware or Virtual Box Application . Install them and after that Install Garageband on them virtually. I found this guide on internet where steps are well explained. Cheers!

Garageband Is Available for MAc Only ?

@adjessica it’s available for macOS and iOS devices!

Try FL Studio! It is much better then garageband app. Personally, I am Using the Same!

Try Audacity App. Garageband is Outdated Now.

Just found a tutorial on how to use Apple Music on Garageband. Seems well. https://www.drmare.com/apple-music/connect-apple-music-to-garageband.html

GarageBand is available for iOS and macOS devices. But it comes with some bugs sometimes. As for insert audios between a split track, you can directly move the audio in the timeline as you like.
If it’s hard to do that, you can follow this article: How to Import Songs from Spotify to GarageBand. It takes Spotify as an example to show you how to insert music on GarageBand.

I was looking for a solution to solve this issue these days. Now it was solved. Just convert music to mp3 before inserting it into GarageBand. For example, I use the dedicated Spotify playlist downloader to convert Spotify songs then add Spotify music to Garageband.

Well, there’s another workaround I used. (solid!) Since I am a heavy user in Spotify, I used AudFun Spotify downloader to download Spotify tracks to common format like mp3, and then import them to Garageband. Worth a try! Cheers!

1 Like

You can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to convert songs on Tidal to mp3, and then you can add these files to Garageband. Work perfectly as intended! Easy to use >3