Midi Button for CC value

The midi button can toggle between 0 and 127; it would be handy to get it to send a particular value, or toggle between a two values, or even move between values in a set.

Another approach might be up/down by x for course/fine control with button taps.
There’s not always room for a slider.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, Gregor. We’ll add to the queue.

Any updates on this? I’d love to be able to send a specific value for a CC message.

Hi Jared. We don’t have any updates on this at the moment. It’s still on our list. Thank you for your patience.

If you’re using an iPad, the mozaic app is great as a midi intermediary; you can write little scripts to listen for incoming midi and turn it into what you want.

1 Like

I was wanting this, too. Right now my Sensel flow was Morph(Buchla) -> VCV-Rack (MPE+Midi-CC) -> ES-8 -> Eurorack.

Specifically, I was hoping to use it to control absolute seek position in a voltage controlled tapedeck (Morphagene).

While I could accomplish this with trigger trickery in VCV-rack, my long-term aim is to remove VCV entirely in favor of the FH-1 or FH-2, so any patches to the midi button controls would be a great help

I found this thread looking for a way to do precisely this myself - it’s a shame you can’t, so add me to the chorus saying this would be really useful! The reason I’d want to do it is because there are many Chase Bliss Audio pedals (for eg. Blooper and Mood) that can receive midi, and have controls that would most naturally be triggered by hitting a button that sends a particular cc value.

For example, the clock on the Mood is controlled by a knob on the pedal, but is actually stepped in discrete regions, each one of which is ‘tuned’ to a particular musical interval, so going between them does pleasant things to the microloops/reverb/delay/etc that the Mood features. I can get inside each region by sending the right value on cc 18, and if I have a bunch of buttons sending values corresponding to the regions, I can play the clock. Sure, I can wire up some max device to do this, but it’s quite convoluted and this seems like exactly the kind of use case the Morph should excel at.

I was actually kinda surprised you couldn’t because it basically seemed like a dumbed down version of what the mpe pads already do. Maybe there’s some workaround where I set all the pads to cc 18 but limit the range of the cc values each one sends out? I’m still getting to grips with the Morph so I’m not sure if that’s actually something it can do, maybe someone with more experience knows if that’s viable.