Morph as an AAC device?

I know that the Morph was originally developed to function in more artistic contexts, but I see potential for the Morph to make a greater impact in people’s lives. I just want to let the developers and community know that this thing has the potential to be an Augmented and Alternative Communication (AAC) device. Basically it’s a device that people can use to communicate on their behalf. I just was at a convention where a lot of these AAC devices used an ipad with software and a tactile overlay. I just think of using pressure to modulate intensity of a speech synthesizer or modulate pitch to alter suprasegmental parts of speech.

I think the Morph really does have a potential to function in this market. Here’s a link to more info about AAC devices: https://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/AAC/

1 Like

Hello!
I am a registered music therapist and really interested in the use of music technology to facilitate communication. I think there are a lot of ways the Morph could be used, especially with 3D printing a customised layout.
I’m still working out how to use the Morph but once I’ve had a chance to test a few different ways of using it I will post here. Keen to hear if you have any success suing the Morph as an AAC?

When I see a lot of the traditional AAC devices on the market they seem so poorly made and outdated. Something like Morph has huuuuge potential but most health professionals working in this space have no idea about these kinds of technology.