Morph Firmware 0.19.295 Update: Pitch and Velocity

Does this firmware address any of the Bluetooth issues? It’s barely useable on MacOS for mpe vidmate instasave

Unfortunately this update did not address Bluetooth issues. We know there have been some long standing problems for some Mac users and are working to address in the next build.

We actually just created a survey to gather feedback on this topic. Would greatly appreciate if you have the time to share your thoughts there:

1 Like

Is the new velocity scaling accessible from the Sensel API? That would be cool!
Or it would be useful to provide some helper methods / examples for converting contact force to a meaningful velocity value. (but with higher resolution than MIDI, of course :wink: )
EDIT: But maybe I think too complicated and the current force values are 1:1 proportional to the new velocity scaling.

Thank you for releasing an update!
So much more is needed!
Threshold 10 has worked for some patches, mostly no more helpful than any other single setting. It might work for some things, might not. I’ve found it’s more luck than anything if a certain setting works, then I have to go back to the editor to change it, try it, no, doesn’t work and the process starts over again. The only way I’ve gotten the morph to play in a natural way is to create velocity curves myself in ableton. Never fun to have to run your signal through the computer for something like that, so I never do… The Morph is still only good for auditioning sounds, not “playing” them. Unless you get lucky or spend time curating the sound to the controller so it works in a limited but acceptable way.
No of the other fixes really effected me much.
I’m still dealing with major Bluetooth issues on my IPad. That would be nice if you could fix that since it was sold to me stating I could connect that way.
Also waiting for programmable min/max settings of the CC values. THAT IS A BIG ONE!!! This is offered on every other controller I have and the morph is useless as a controller for my hardware without it.
Thing is basically useless to me anyway. Tried to sell it on eBay at half price and still no one bought it. Kinda stuck with it so if you could make good on any of the promises you made in your advertising I’d be stoked.
So right now I can’t really use the morph for much. Can’t sell it for half. Could really use your help to make it a useful product before I have to go spend more money on something else.
Regards -F

I’ll buy it. message me @ signifycast@gmail.com or PM me here.