Pressure scaling

Hi, I’m using the pressure (z axis) on my Morph for programming MIDI CC, but find that the scaling is too sensitive, meaning, all the change is in too small a region of the pressure. I can see that the Morph responds to a greater range, and I’m wondering if there’s any way to scale the response curve. I’d like to really “dig in” to get to the maximum value…

Is this something I’m not seeing in the setup?
Thanks

This one is tricky as it’s not something built in and need extra software.
A simple solution is to cut the parameter range in Ableton once you map it to the desired parameter (cmd + M, menu on the left). This lowers the resolution.
A proper, more elaborated solution is using something like Max or TouchDesigner.
I’m using TD actively as a MIDI hub to make my controllers smarter and fine tune the response.
You can effectively change the response curve of the z axis of sensel by adjusting to a curve using CHOPs.
Then rename the CC and route it out to MIDI again.
You can pretty much do whatever you want with this, like making momentary faders that jump back to a certain value, buttons that send fixed CC values, make a sequencer and a long etc.
It takes some time to learn but if you have a computer in the setup is well worth, and there are a lot of resources im the forum. Ah, TD is free for non commercial use.

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of DAWs that have options for scaling like this, as well as specific plugins that also respond to other similar styles of velocity curves. I guess I was just hoping this would have something with native support. I’ll look into some of the other scaling items to see if I can get something useful out of it. My only fear is that the maximum output is reached even before I’m able to scale it. I guess we’ll see what happens. :slight_smile: