More than one layout per overlay

Hello Sensel,

after using the Morph now for quite some time, I find it more and more limiting to have just one layout or setting available per overlay. I turn on the app quite often, just to change a preset for the same overlay to use with another synth etc.

I can understand that you want to sell overlays, but having all of these that are of any use to me, I think this would be the number one improvement right now.

I also have to say, that this limitation was not clear at all when I bout the Morph.

As the Morph has no display, It would then be practical to have a small menu bar item, that shows the name of the layout chosen.

2 Likes
Is it possible to use one piano overlay for MPE and other without MPE

Great idea! Would be nice if the Morph could store several layouts for a given overlay. With one being active at a time and a new area type that allows to change the active layout.
Optimally there could be three types of such areas:

• select overlay name and layout name
  • select overlay name the next layout changes should apply to
  • select layout name to be applied to the last chosen overlay

Then the switching areas wouldn’t necessarily have to be on each and every layout but we could create a special “layout switching” overlay that can switch the layouts for all other overlays. Either with direct selection keys (overlay+layout) or e.g. two rows overlay 1-16 and two rows layout 1-16 with the state keeping approach (first select the overlay, then the layout).

I would really love this. I’m thinking about making a midi controller that could be chromatic or in a major or minor scale.

Thanks for the suggestion! As you may have seen we are selling pre orders for our Buchla Overlay https://sensel.com/products/buchla-thunder-overlay.

The Buchla Overlay will allow you to program 9 presets and switch between them on the fly. Switching presets will be limited to the Buchla Overlay but we will update the community if that changes.

That’s a pity because that type of interface is not for me. Would love if the switching could be added to the other overlays. Would make the product really versatile.

2 Likes

Thank you for chiming in Alex, great to see that you already had this idea! I would be great if your existing customers could also benefit from this functionality. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll second the request for having the capability to switch layouts on all overlays. I think it would be a significant feature upgrade.

2 Likes