MP overlay - pitch bend on wrong channel

Hi everyone,

I just received my Morph today and I’m really happy with it. But when I used good old MIDI Ox to check its functionality, I immediately noticed one issue. With the music production overlay, the drum pads are supposed to send on MIDI channel 2 and the piano pads on channel 3. This works fine for the piano pads, but the drum pads send note on/off and aftertouch correctly on 2, but pitch bend on 3.

You can confirm this in Ableton by recording a pitchy instrument on the piano pads and then playing another instrument on the drum pads. When you wiggle your fingers on the drum pads, you will hear the first instrument changing pitch. Now this could actually be used to great effect, if it were controllable.

Am I missing something or is this truly a bug? One can only turn pitch bend on or off with a checkbox in the Sensel app, not change the channel, no?

Thanks,
Andreas

Hm, doesn’t seem to bother anyone. Anyway, I just submitted this via the Sensel App feedback function. Couldn’t find any other way to submit bug reports. Maybe that way it will reach TECHNICAL SUPPORT. hint hint

Hi Andreas - just checked this out and you’re correct. Quite odd! I’ll be conferring internally with Sensel colleagues to work on this.

In the mean time, please try using the Ableton-designed map for the Morph, which you can learn more about here: https://guide.sensel.com/morph_software/

Hi David,
I did install the Ableton maps and meanwhile have discovered a few issues with these too. Is this forum the right place to report such issues?

Hey Andreas. Apologies for the delay here. Since you have a few issues, it might be best to reach out to support@sensel.com. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.

I’ve created mappings for the Music Production and Piano overlays which solves the issue by changing the keys/pads to MIDI XYZ objects (the pitch bend issue isn’t present with the MIDI XYZ object). Download these, flash them to your Morph, and things should run the same as with the default MIDI mappings, but with the correct pitch bend assignments per channel:

Music Production Overlay MIDI XYZ Map
Piano Overlay MIDI XYZ Map

1 Like