Octave Shift Send MIDI Notes OFF

Hi Sensel!

I really love Morph and a lot of things are working great BUT it seems there are a few bugs here and there that really need to be fix like in HIGH priority.

In this topic I’m gonna talk about octave shift issue and I’m gonna create another topic for the sustain issue using the Piano Overlay.

Ok so with every keyboards out there when you are switching octaves, if you are holding one or a few keys down (or if you have some keys sustained using the sustain pedal), these notes are still playing and it’s really part of the basic of live performance with small keyboards.

Right now, with Morph if you press the octave up or down keys every notes currently playing are shut down!

So please, fix the notes OFF sent when we press the octave up or down buttons. It’s unusable in live performance for now because of that issue.

Thank you!

I see your point. If I recall correctly, the reason it is like that is because of feedback that there was a problem of stuck notes when shifting octaves. But this is something that could be classified as a “user error” (hey, improve your timing!) rather than something that needs to be “fixed” with the 8va shift. We can investigate.

Thanks for the answer!
Yes please keep us updated!
It’s really important to be able to use Morph with the piano overlay in live situation.

Twitter RSS Facebook