Overlay creator beta bugs

(v0.16.14)

Bugs

• I can place an area at (0, 0) which is ‘off sensor’
  • Having (0, 0) be off sensor means the whole grid is offset and I can’t translate from another drawing program’s coordinates
  • If I place an area where the magnet strip is in the Innovator overlay, the area will not work. These areas reduce the dimensions of the surface significantly and are of questionable value if you’re making your own overlay. Edit: This is actually incorrect, it does work. The reason I assumed it didn’t, is because the first 4 options for keypresses are “Off (0), (1), (2), (3)”, none of which seem to do anything…? However the point still stands that I’d rather not lose 20mm of height because of the magnetic strips. Edit 2: After further testing it actually just seems that the background image of the sensor surface does not correlate with the physical device.
  • If I overlay two areas only the ‘topmost’ one works
  • Clicking a number field highlights the whole field instead of placing a cursor
  • Keyboard left and right from within a number field BOTH navigates the text field AND increments/decrements the number
  • Keyboard mapped areas do not highlight when pressed unlike MPE areas

Requests

• Undo
  • Multi layer maps
  • Live feedback from the sensor in the layout editor
  • Freehand drawing
  • Import SVG, DWG, AI, etc

Post-edit: wrote this very quickly whilst trying to design an overlay, overall still very much enjoying the interface and looking forward to where this goes…!

Thank you for contacting us, reporting the bugs and requesting features. We will make sure to bring up these when planning out future versions.

I am not sure the best place to put this, but I am using SenselApp V0.16.14. I wanted to get a feel for how the Mouse Scroll (165) on the Keyboard Slider worked (zooming applications). So I set up an area 16Wx60H and mapped it for Keyboard Slider, V Slider, Down Mouse Scroll (165), Up Off (0). (Area highlighted in yellow in the image below)
Opening up a blank excel file, I sized the window so that only rows 85 – 115 are displayed. I added color to row 85, 100, and 115 for easy visibility and put my cursor in cell A85, this way, when I type a space and then hit esc, I am reset for another test.

• Starting at the bottom and moving my finger upward on the Morph, I could move to row 142 or up to row 172. The slower I moved my finger, the more lines scrolled.

• Starting at the top and moving my finger downward, I could move to row 40 up to row 49. Again, slower movement was greater displacement. Which means it scrolls up much more (or faster) than it scrolls down.

• If I do the exact same experiment but map that slider to Down Off (0), Up Mouse Scroll (165), nothing happens. I don’t know if this is a bug or I misunderstand the functionality.

• If I do the exact same experiment but map both Up and Down to Mouse Scroll (165), it was the same behavior as if Up was Off.

• If I change the slider to H Slider of 80 wide, I get the same results as if Right was mapped the same as Down above.

The image below is a little convoluted, but you can see my Excel test set up and the different sliders.
Also, for a feature request: If I could have very narrow areas, you could overlap areas to make partial scripts. For example, if the blue area “B” below was narrow, then making layered buttons like “C” would be equivalent to holding control and scrolling the mouse wheel. This is important to me as the yellow box highlighted doesn’t behave as a mouse wheel scroll while holding Ctrl.

Thank you for sending over this information. We have also added these to our internal list of bugs and features. The easiest way to request features and report bugs is through the “Feedback” button in the SenselApp. This goes straight to our internal list and helps us prioritize features and bugs.