Overlays stretch over time! A problem that will affect everyone

Let’s ask the authors to provide models of original musical overlays for open access! Or at least a piano overlay. If they are no longer being sold, why not do it?

I have 4 morphs and 4 piano pads with varying degrees of “stretching”. The difference reaches 4 millimeters. And I understand that the problem will get worse for all active users. I’m not even talking about the fact that many people didn’t get a piano overlay, but they would like to have one.

If the authors of this enchanting controller do not want to help, then we need to figure out a way to make new overlays INSTEAD of the ORIGINAL ones.

1 Like

hi @zlovahuen. Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this. We haven’t seen this before, so I’m not sure what could be causing it.

A couple questions:

• Are they stretching in the X axis, Y axis, or both?
  • How are you storing them? Are they stored vertically, or with any weight on top perhaps? I wonder if that may be causing the stretching.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kind regards,
Mark

This is the effect of pressure. Where you need to click more often, the effect is more noticeable there. The use of a glide can also play a role. In my opinion, the activity of using pressure techniques correlates with the stretching of the pads. (The picture is a hypertrophied example)

The pads are stored without pressure from above. They are not subject to temperature anomalies and environmental influences.

A good idea would be to make a 3d printed frame for the morph, which would keep the overlay in place and avoid the stretching.

1 Like

Are you sure it isn’t a problem with finger oil or lotion? I am under the impression that you should wash your hands before touching some materials such as the Seaboard. I know some old phone protectors I had would expand where touched a lot, I think from skin oils. I am not sure why this happens. Does the material incorporate the oil somehow?