Beatmaker 3 midi route pad error

Hi guys,

In beatmaker 3 My sensel morph is not triggering all the different sounds in one bank instead it’s triggering each sound/pad keyboard style so if i hit the pad that has a kick sound on it the next pad is just the kick pitched up. I also have selected and deselected the route midi all to one pad selected in the audio midi tab. It didn’t make a difference whether it was enabled or disabled it still played the sounds keyboard style. I don’t have “keys” highlighted so i don’t know why it’s playing pitches of the sound. All i want to do is just play the kick,snare ,hi hat, etc simultaneously as if i was finger drumming.

Personally, I keep OMNI on and I map all controls on the morph to focus actions in the settings. This way, pad 1 will always trigger pad 1 in the active bank, pad 2 will trigger pad 2, etc, unless you turn on keys mode for a pad. But if you want to map midi, it is possible, but it’s not something I’m an expert at. You should also post this in the Intua forums, if you haven’t already, as someone there should know the answer as well.

1 Like

hello

I have Fugue Machine and the Rozetta suite, both AU MIDI plugins. I’ve been able to get them to control AU synths in BM3, but I can’t seem to record the note output into the piano roll. I can see the pads being triggered in pad view and in piano roll view, but they don’t record. stories Any ideas on how to do this?

I know Im late responding but just want to say thank you, programming each pad in the focus actions in settings did the job. I can now use my sensel morph for drums and keyboard for instruments

1 Like

@namanjohnson101, you really should consider taking your questions about BM3 over to the Intua Forum. You can get much better help over there. The Audiobus Forum is also a good place to ask things about iOS music as it gets much more traffic than the Intua Forum.

The reason you can’t record the output of Fugue Machine and Rozeta suite is BM3 is unable to record the output of MIDI AU Fx without workarounds involving other plugins. I won’t go into detail here, but the general answer is you need to route the MIDI out of BM3 and back in. There are a few ways to do this. One, using a plugin called MIDI Tools Route is described in this video: