Lots of stuck notes with Buchla overlay

hi,

i just got the buchla overlay and i’ve been experiencing some issues when connected to my hydrasynth and softsynths. i’m getting hung notes. I’m wondering if there’s a way to send a MIDI command to “kill” all the hung notes, like they have in certain software, and any additional advice for reducing these.

How are you connected to the HS? Is it via 5 pin MIDI or USB (via computer)? I’ve had this issue using USB hosts and the HS, though it doesn’t seem to be a universal problem. I don’t have this issue when using USB MIDI (Morph->computer->HS).

Also, you can program a button on the Morph to send CC 123 - that is the ‘all notes off’ command for MIDI.

thank you! CC 123 was what I was after. I’m using a budget MIDI USB host by DoreMidi and I think that actually might be the problem. Haven’t tested via regular USB yet as I was happy to get away from the laptop, heh. I’ve ordered the Kenton box that everyone swears by, as I can’t have stuck notes during a show!

I have been playing a hydrasynth with the buchla layout and have never had any issues with it. I connect the two over a computer, an ipad and recently over a Kenton MIDI USB host. No problems at all.

One thing to watch out for. If you change the layout’s transposition (top left arrow buttons) while holding a note, you might get stuck notes, as the Hydrasynth never receives the note off message for the note you were holding.

It was the USB host. it is working fine w the Kenton USB host and over usb MIDI.

Thanks so much for the update!

Actually, I have suddenly started experiencing this with the buchla layout-> Kenton midi usb host → Hydrasynth. Never had it until 2 months ago. Any ideas why that might be?