sonicLab Fundamental map

I recently played around with SonicLab’s Fundamental plugin with the Thunder Overlay. It has some decidedly funky mappings for the notes, and it helps to have a custom mapping for the Thunder. There are only 8 sliders needed for controlling the oscillators that respond to the “white” notes A2-A3 (#s 57-69), and notes 21-37 select presets.
I used the remaining “long” keys as simple CC sliders for modulation mapping.
In the example video, I used Logic, since there were some initial hiccups getting it to work with Bitwig. I used Logic’s MIDI learn to map the sliders and hex pads to control modulation and effects.

Here’s a modified Thunder mapping, derived from the Bitwig MPE map for the Thunder. Preset 9 is the one I modified for Fundamental, so load that one up.
http://share.sensel.com/public/Thunder%20Bitwig%20Fundamental.senselmap.zip

2 Likes

I will try this once they release it on iOS!

What CC’s are you using for the mod pads and what destinations on the Fundamental are you linking them to? How do you do it? Is there a midi cc list of what Fundamentals parameters link too? I would love to map those mod slots on the standalone version! Or is this something you are keeping secret until you reveal Sensel’s collaboration with SonicLAB;)?

Fundamental doesn’t have any default MIDI control, except for the standard MPE controllers (CC74, pitch bend, and Channel Aftertouch). For the “mod” controls, I mapped those in the DAW, in this case, Logic Pro X. I used Logic’s MIDI learn system to link the CCs to the plugin parameters.
Mapping the XYZ hex pads is a bit of a rat nest because no DAW deals with multi-dimensional controllers nicely - they all expect a single CC value and grab that first one that comes thru. Follow this guide to understand how to make it work.
In the case of Logic, you can at least edit the assignment, and you’ll want to be aware of some of the oddities that come up.

Twitter RSS Facebook